Wednesday, June 16, 2010

15th - 16th June - sometimes it takes more than a day to achieve your potential

There is no man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can do.

Henry Ford

Yes, technically this is not one thing that I learned today... but sometimes it can take a bit longer..

Last night, while on the phone to my sister, we joked about how we live "with potential".
I could, potentially... exercise more, eat healthier (especially after the Report Writing weekend - what is it with writing reports and having to eat chocolate?), have a tidier house, be more organised.... I could go on, but I won't. Mainly, because it can get quite depressing to realise everything you DON'T do.

So, I decided to take just one... exercise more. Now, first confession: I have a gym membership which I haven't used for many months. It seems that each night gets filled with the stuff of life. Be it work related, family related, community related.... or just the everyday stuff.

So I have the potential to go to the gym - but I don't.

I also have one of these great laundry accessories. This is what it looked like yesterday.

So this is where I started.

This evening it looked like this.


Seems I can find the time, but it just isn't in "business hours".

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes. I think I have a blog entry brewing that will go along some very similar lines. I have a gym membership that I feel guilty for paying for each month, unused. Oh, it's so sad Kellie! How did we do this? Perhaps we need to repeat Henry Ford's quote over and over...

    ReplyDelete